Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up to receive alerts from CIVICREADY®?
Citizens can sign up to receive alerts from the CIVICREADY® system by going to klamathcounty.org and scrolling down the page to find the bell icon with the label “CIVICREADY®”. Citizens can then click the bell icon and follow instructions to set up a user account. Please note, the “Alert Sign Up” allows citizens to be alerted about government affairs and is not part of the CIVICREADY® system.
Do I need to include my address when I’m signing up for CIVICREADY®?
While it is possible to create an account without including your address, it is most beneficial to create an account that includes your address. Including your address in your account allows responders to send specific notifications for your location. For example, you could receive a level 1, 2, or 3 evacuation notice based on where your home is located in the evacuation area.
Can I unsubscribe from receiving certain alerts?
Yes, you can unsubscribe from receiving certain alerts. Users who wish to remove themselves from receiving specific alerts should do the following:
- Login into your CIVICREADY® profile.
- Go to your profile by navigating to the top right corner of your screen, click on the drop-down menu next to your name or the human-head icon and select “My Profile”.
- Select “Groups” from the menus on the left.
- Hover your pointer over the group that you want to unsubscribe from – a circle with dots in it will appear on the far right.
- Click the circle and select “Leave Group”.
Is there someone I can contact with a specific question regarding CIVICREADY®?
Yes, if you have any questions regarding CIVICREADY or would like assistance setting up an account, please contact Emergency Management by email or phone at 541-851-3741.