Protect the health and well-being of the citizens of Klamath County by ensuring safe, accessible and sustainable buildings and communities. Uniformly interpret and apply Oregon State statutes, rules, and codes regulating building construction safety, energy efficiency, accessibility and durability.
We do this with timely and courteous service.
Advance Plan Review Fees
In accordance with Section 304(c) of the Oregon Structural Specialty Code, as adopted by Klamath County a plan review fee must be submitted with the plans at the time of submitting them for review.
Please contact the appropriate Planning department in your area for their requirements before submitting your plans.
Compliance Hearings Officer
Klamath County may not assess a civil penalty for a violation under a building inspection program unless the County provides an administrative process other than a judicial proceeding in a court of law.
Find information about Klamath County and General Design Criteria.
This site allows licensed contractors to apply for non-structural permits with just a few clicks of a mouse. IMPORTANT!! Please do not submit structural applications on-line.
Farm & Agriculture
Find forms related to Farm and Agriculture.
Each permit has a required number of inspections to be performed.
Find useful linked provided by the Building Division.
Manufactured dwellings have design and construction requirements that differ from traditional structures. Find more information here.
Oregon Building Codes Online
Visit the Oregon Building Codes website.
Find Permit Forms for Klamath County.
Ready Build Plans
The Ready-build Plans Program is designed to streamline the permitting process for customers.
Find report information for the Building Division.
Learn about the requirements for the Residential Plans.
- Agriculture or Equine Exemption Request (PDF)
- Alternate Method Ruling Application (PDF)
- Approval Flow Chart (PDF)
- Building Valuation Table (PDF)
- Construction Responsibilities (PDF)
- Courtesy Inspection Request (PDF)
- Deferred Submittal Application (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Supplement (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Extension Request (PDF)
- High-efficiency Lighting Form (PDF)
- Manufactured Dwelling Permit Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Moisture Content Form (PDF)
- One and Two Family Dwelling Checklist (PDF)
- Oregon Residential Energy Code Requirements (PDF)
- Phased Permitting Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Records Request Form (PDF)
- Request to Energize an Electrical Installation (PDF)
- Sign Permit Supplement (PDF)
- Snow Load Design Criteria Request (PDF)
- Solar Code Supplement (PDF)
- Solid Fuel Burning Application Installation - Supplemental Information (PDF)
- Special Inspection and Testing Agreement (PDF)
- Structural (Building) Permit Application (PDF)