IMPORTANT PERMITTING PROCEDURES DURING COVID-19
To our valued customers, as you may know the Government Building (305 Main St.) is closed to the public, however Klamath County Building Department is fully functional and is receiving applications, plans, issuing permits and performing inspections. Please be aware that our services could cease at any moment due to further restrictions from Federal, state or local government, which at that time we would announce (check our website frequently).
Our modified process while the building is closed are as follows:
• We encourage e-permitting for permits that do not require plan review (NOTE: all building /structural permits require plan review). On page two of our electrical, mechanical & plumbing applications are checklist when scope of work requires plan review.
* All permits requiring plan review shall submit two hard copies of plans/documents please refer to the ⇐ left hand listing for information on our Residential Plans or Commercial Plans.
* Without the above information your plans may be returned to you for further information, thus delaying the permit process.
• We also accept permit applications by FAX (any permits that require plan review cannot submit by FAX).
• The appropriate stakeholders approvals (Planning, Public Works, Onsite, etc.) are required prior to submitting for building permits
• Hard copy submitting will be accepted by appointment only. Please contact one of our Permit Technicians (541-883-5121 option 1) to schedule a time.
• Pick up of hard copy permits will be by appointment only. Our Permit Technicians will call you for your final payment, and to schedule for pick up.
• Please contact one of our Permit Technicians for any additional permit questions (541-883-5121 option 1)
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time, we are here to assist you.
STAY HOME STAY HEALTHY!!
Protect the health and well-being of the citizens of Klamath County by ensuring safe, accessible and sustainable buildings and communities. Uniformly interpret and apply Oregon State statutes, rules, and codes regulating building construction safety, energy efficiency, accessibility and durability.
We do this with timely and courteous service.
Advance Plan Review Fees
In accordance with Section 304(c) of the Oregon Structural Specialty Code, as adopted by Klamath County a plan review fee must be submitted with the plans at the time of submitting them for review.
Building Code Enforcement
Klamath County may not assess a civil penalty for a violation under a building inspection program unless the County provides an administrative process other than a judicial proceeding in a court of law.
Please contact the appropriate Planning department in your area for their requirements before submitting your plans.
Find information about Klamath County and General Design Criteria.
This site allows licensed contractors to apply for non-structural permits with just a few clicks of a mouse. IMPORTANT!! Please do not submit structural or onsite/septic applications on-line.
Farm & Agriculture
Find forms related to Farm and Agriculture.
Each permit has a required number of inspections to be performed.
Find useful linked provided by the Building Division, including flood plain information.
Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)
A licensed LPG installer is required for installation of propane tanks; information regarding these requirements and a list of regional installers can be found here.
Manufactured dwellings have design and construction requirements that differ from traditional structures. Find more information here.
Oregon Building Codes Online
Visit the Oregon Building Codes website.
Find Permit Forms for Klamath County.
Ready Build Plans
The Ready-build Plans Program is designed to streamline the permitting process for customers.
Find report information for the Building Division.
Learn about the requirements for the Residential Plans.
These forms have been created with Adobe Acrobat. Click the link to download Adobe Acrobat Reader free of charge.
- Agriculture or Equine Exemption Request (PDF)
- Alternate Method Ruling Application (PDF)
- Appeal Form for Civil Penalty (PDF)
- Approval Flow Chart (PDF)
- Asbestos Information Packet (PDF)
- Building Valuation Table (PDF)
- Common LPG Inspection Elements (PDF)
- Construction Responsibilities (PDF)
- Courtesy Inspection Request (PDF)
- Deferred Submittal Application (PDF)
- Demolition Packet (Standard) (PDF)
- Demolition Permit (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Supplement (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Extension Request (PDF)
- High-efficiency Lighting Form (PDF)
- Home Resources Flyer (PDF)
- Is My Propane Cylinder Safe Brochure (PDF)
- IVR Call Flow and Inspection Codes Brochure (PDF)
- Liquid Petroleum Gas Consumer Safety Brochure (PDF)
- Local List of Oregon LPG Installation Companies
- Manufactured Dwelling Permit Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Moisture Content Form (PDF)
- One and Two Family Dwelling Checklist (PDF)
- Oregon Residential Energy Code Requirements (PDF)
- Phased Permitting Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Records Request Form (PDF)
- Request to Energize an Electrical Installation (PDF)
- Residential Permit Process Flyer (PDF)
- Sign Permit Supplement (PDF)
- Snow Load Design Criteria Request (PDF)
- Solar Code Supplement (PDF)
- Solid Fuel Burning Application Installation - Supplemental Information (PDF)
- Special Inspection and Testing Agreement (PDF)
- Structural (Building) Permit Application (PDF)